Children in the DPR Korea
Kim Jong Un, President of the State Affairs of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, cherishing the ennobling view that only when children smile brightly can the whole country be filled with cheerful atmosphere, is making sure that children are provided with the best of things.
He makes sure that modern hospitals, nurseries and kindergartens are established for the children, and poses with them for souvenir photographs.On International Children’s Day and New Year’s Day, he first visited orphans to celebrate the holidays with them; feeling still unsatisfied even when he had new houses built for them, he took a measure for supplying fish to all the orphans in the country, calculating in his notebook how much fish would be needed if it was to be supplied to all of them.
At his initiative the Workers’ Party of Korea adopted it as a policy to supply the children across the country with dairy and other kinds of nutritious foodstuffs at state expense. Paying close attention even to their school things, satchels and uniforms, he makes sure that the state bears full responsibility for creating all necessary conditions for the children to learn and grow.
He regards the work for the good of the children as the most important of state affairs. Under his care the children are held in affection as kings and queens of the country.This is why they call him father.
As a tree on a fertile soil grows tall, the Korean children are growing into pillars of the country, masters of the future, under his warm care.
1. The respected Comrade Kim Jong Un among children
3. Kim Jong Un with children at the People’s Open-Air Ice Rink in November Juche 101 (2012)
4. Kim Jong Un with children at a roller-skating ground in November Juche 101 (2012)
5. Kim Jong Un giving on-site guidance at the Okryu Children’s Hospital in March Juche 103 (2014)
6. Kim Jong Un visiting the Mangyongdae Schoolchildren’s Palace in May Juche 103 (2014)
7. Kim Jong Un visiting the Pyongyang Orphanage to congratulate the children there on International Children’s Day in June Juche 103 (2014)
8. Kim Jong Un visiting the Pyongyang Baby Home and Orphanage on completion of their construction in October Juche 103 (2014)
9. Kim Jong Un visiting the Pyongyang Baby Home and Orphanage to give New Year blessings to the children there in January Juche 104 (2015)
10. Kim Jong Un looking round the renovated Mangyongdae Schoolchildren’s Palace in November Juche 104 (2015)
11. Kim Jong Un among children of Pyongyang Primary School for Orphans in February Juche 106 (2017)
12. Kim Jong Un visiting the Paeumui Chollikil Schoolchildren’s Palace in May Juche 108 (2019)
13. Kim Jong Un guiding the Third Plenary Meeting of the Eighth Central Committee of the Workers’ Party of Korea in June Juche 110 (2021). The meeting discussed the issue of adopting it as a policy of the Party to provide the children across the country with dairy and other kinds of nutritious foodstuffs at state expense.
14. Pyongyang Baby Home and Orphanage
15. Orphans cutting the tape at the inaugural ceremony of the Wonsan Baby Home and Orphanage
16. The state supplies fresh fruits to orphans on a preferential basis.
17. Dairy products are supplied to children on a regular basis true to the WPK’s childcare policy.
18. Dairy products are supplied to children on a regular basis true to the WPK’s childcare policy.
19. The Okryu Children’s Hospital is a general medical service for children equipped with modern facilities.
20. The Okryu Children’s Hospital has additional facilities for giving lessons to the kindergarten, primary and middle school children.
21. Children at a playing hour
22. Children playing in a wading pool
23. Playing paduk (go) game
24. Children celebrating International Children’s Day
25. Children visiting the Natural History Museum
26. Children visiting the Central Zoo
27. At a mother tongue lesson
28. Children are encouraged to learn abacus.
29. At a drawing lesson school things are supplied to all kindergarten children in the country.
30. Calligraphy competition of children
31. Children receive new uniforms, satchels and other school things from the state.
32. Children developing their artistic talent at the Kyongsang Kindergarten
33. Children developing their artistic talent at the Kuje Kindergarten in Haeju
34. Central hall in the Mangyongdae Schoolchildren’s Palace
35. Science hall in the Mangyongdae Schoolchildren’s Palace
36. Members of the dancing club of the Mangyongdae Schoolchildren’s Palace
37. Little musicians demonstrate their skills at the 16th Moscow Meets Friends International Festival.